Home > Services > Parent Engagement and Involvement
Parent Engagement and Involvement
Sarpy County Cooperative Head Start believes that you
, as a parent and/or legal guardian, are the
most important influence in your child's education and development. One of Head Start/Early Head Start’s goals is to support you in this role. Some of these opportunities include:
- Participate in family focused activities - Family Fun Days, Literacy Nights, Health Fair, Week of the Young, End of the Year celebrations, HIM events, etc.
- Develop and increase leadership skills
- Participate in shared decision-making for planning and operation of the program through Policy Council
- Automatically have membership in the Parent Committee Group at each center and/or program option
- Assist in developing Parent Committee Calendar and/or Budget
- Participate in developing activities with other parents
- Participate in parent education /training classes
- Gain valuable parenting skills
- Learn more about community resources
- Develop friendships with other parents, staff and community partners
We make information, experiences, and other resources available throughout the year that can make your job a little easier.